The Big Sur Food & Wine Festival is now in its sixth year, and we are eternally grateful for the generosity of our friends and partners; from vintners and chefs, to volunteers, sponsors, donors, local resorts, and our guests, in making this festival a world-class event that raises money for Big Sur nonprofits and scholarships.
Please feel free to download and use photos that are in our online Gallery, or link to the below videos for any media-related pieces you are working on that support the Big Sur Food & Wine Festival.
Welcome! Here is everything you need to know about getting media credentials for the Big Sur Food and Wine Festival. Our communications department is standing by to provide you with prompt, accurate and helpful assistance to make your job easier and your experience memorable.To ensure a safe working environment, certain policies and guidelines have been established, which are discussed below. Individuals requesting a media credential must be currently working on assignment.
Welcome to the Big Sur Food & Wine Festival Press Office. We are here to facilitate your access to the event program, calendar, seminars, and special events planned from Thursday, November 7, 2013 to Sunday, November 10, 2013. Please check www.bigsurfoodandwine.org frequently to stay updated on the event program and press releases, as well as wineries & 2013 chef portraits and bios.
Please complete the following information and submit online by October 15, 2013.
Due to the intimate nature and the high demographic in attendance of the Big Sur Food & Wine Festival, media credentials are limited and are for working press only. Credentials will be issued based on confirmed story assignments and samples of previous event coverage on a per case basis, and are not guaranteed by submission of this application. PLEASE NOTE: Not all sessions will have media seats available. Still and moving camera crews will not be granted seats. If you are a freelance journalist, you must be on assignment from a media outlet. Photographers must also be on assignment. Spec photography, portfolio photography, and personal website photography are not valid assignments. Only actively covering, legitimate media will be considered for credentials. Analysts, Market Researchers, Marketing/Advertising firms, etc. are not included in the Big Sur Food & Wine Festival’s definition of legitimate media. If you fall into this category, but are a contributor to an outlet that meets our qualifications, you must be on assignment, and provide a Letter of Assignment from your Editor. .Confirmation letters will be sent via email by October 21, 2013.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
Media credentials will be mailed, therefore, please let us know the best address for your credential receipt. Misplaced credential badges will not be reissued.
|Purchase Additional Tickets|
|PUBLICATION/OUTLET INFORMATION||MEDIA||PLEASE CHECK:|
|DISTRIBUTION||PLEASE CHECK Circulation|
QUESTIONS REGARDING COVERAGE
- Have you attended a Big Sur Food & Wine Festival event before? Yes ____ No ____
- If Yes, Did you publicize coverage on your website or social media? Yes:____ No_____
- If No. Please give understanding as to why credentials should be granted this year.
- Do you plan on broadcasting or writing preview pieces on the Big Sur Food & Wine Festival 2013? If so, what is the anticipated timing (publication, issue) of the coverage?
- BLOGGERS — Due to the substantial amount of requests we receive for media passes, we are requesting bloggers who are interested in covering our event to give us a better understanding of their blog and readership. These are not requirements, but simply help us learn more about your blog. Blogs will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Give a summary of your blog:
- Who is your audience?
- List monthly impressions your blog receives:
- Do you have social media that supports your blog?
- Approximately how many comments do you average on a regular post?
- Has your blog received media attention? If so, please provide examples and links to coverage.
- Have you covered other events in the past? If so, please provide examples and links to coverage.
- Please provide links to your most popular posts:
BY SIGNING THIS APPLICATION BELOW, YOU RECOGNIZE & AGREE TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OUTLINED HEREIN. IN RECEIVING CREDENTIALS TO THE FIFTH ANNUAL BIG SUR FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL,
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SEND TEAR SHEETS OR A COPY OF LINK TO COVERAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING THE EVENT.
Wine & Swine at the Henry Miller Library, 2011, by Mark C. Anderson of the Monterey County Weekly